This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  VarunVP 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

VarunVP
    Participant

Everything was fine this morning, but then I opened up Unity, and when I add a custom element which has fields, I get this error. Does it have something to do with the fact that I have the RAIN folder inside Standard Assets? When I take it out of the Standard Assets folder, I get the same error.

Here is the report in the log:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalker.ValidateElements () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalker.NextSibling () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList.NextSibling () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.TypeEditors.RAINTypeEditor.DrawChildrenForInspector (RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.Core.CustomAIElementEditor.DrawInspector (System.String aLabel, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.TypeEditors.RAINTypeEditor.DrawFieldForInspector (RAINEditor.Core.RAINComponentEditor aComponentEditor, System.String aLabel, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.TypeEditors.RAINTypeEditor.DrawFieldForInspector (RAINEditor.Core.RAINComponentEditor aEditor, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.TypeEditors.RAINTypeEditor.DrawFieldForInspector (RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.Core.AIEditor.DrawCustomAIElementsForInspector (RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.Core.AIEditor.DrawAIElements (System.String aLabel, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.Core.AIEditor.DrawInspector (System.String aLabel, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.TypeEditors.RAINTypeEditor.DrawFieldForInspector (RAINEditor.Core.RAINComponentEditor aComponentEditor, System.String aLabel, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.TypeEditors.RAINTypeEditor.DrawFieldForInspector (RAINEditor.Core.RAINComponentEditor aEditor, RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.Core.AIRigEditor.DrawComponentForInspector (RAIN.Serialization.FieldWalkerList aWalker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at RAINEditor.Core.RAINComponentEditor.OnInspectorGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    RAINEditor.Core.RAINComponentEditor:OnInspectorGUI()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditor(Editor, Int32, Boolean, Boolean&, Rect&) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:1231)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditors(Editor[]) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:1028)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:OnGUI() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:352)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\HostView.cs:187)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\HostView.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:336)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs Line: 222)

What am I doing wrong?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  VarunVP.

delphinius81
    Participant

This looks like an issue with dealing with custom elements with fields and the way the RAIN editor scripts handle it. Did you write a custom inspector or anything for your new element? The only time I’ve seen errors like that are when there is a problem with editor scripts.

VarunVP
    Participant

No, I didn’t write any custom inspectors. I was able to solve it though. I had declared 3 public properties, and after I commented them out, it was fine. But still, I don’t think that must be the reason as it was working fine a month back. No Rain updates were done, either. I’m not even sure if the problem is solved. Another element doesn’t have any properties declared, but it was still showing the same error.

VarunVP
    Participant

Would love it if someone told me what’s happening… Prime???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.